Our Workshop Menu offers a range of topics as well as single- and multi-day options. You can create a custom workshop either by configuring pieces from the topics listed or by contacting us to build one specific to your needs. But no matter what topics you select, the session will engage the participants in a variety of exciting hands-on science lessons that coordinate with National Science Education Standards. Participants will leave the workshop ready to share what they have learned with their students, club members, visitors at their museums, or attendees at their community center events. Participants will take away complete instructions for doing the lessons. We also offer the option of including a take-home kit of specialty supplies.
All of our workshops build the knowledge and skill needed to effectively bring quality science to your audience regardless of their age. With engaging, motivating, and fun learning experiences, workshop participants will
- Be prepared to bring science to life for kids of all ages
- Gain a better understanding of science inquiry and scientific argumentation
- Experience effective science teaching and outreach methods
- Discover ways to increase learners’ science content knowledge and process skills
- Learn methods to nurture curiosity, stimulate creativity, and foster the desire to understand our world
Contact Lynn Hogue at (513) 324-7835 or via email at Lynn@TerrificScience.org to discuss your event plans and pricing. Please note that travel, accommodation, and meals must also be provided.
Materials costs vary depending on the workshop selected and other factors. We will work with you to match your budget. Note that you are responsible for the costs of shipping materials to the workshop location.
- Consumables: Starting as low as $5 per day per person
- Take-home kit: A kit of specialty supplies, customized for your workshop, can be developed starting at $10/per person.
- Books/written instructions: Where Terrific Science Press publications are included, cost is 40% off retail.